Thank you for your interest in Dove Academy of Detroit! All K-8th-grade students are welcome to enroll.
To ensure your child’s seat at Dove Academy of Detroit, please follow the steps below and provide the correct documentation.
We also have a GSRP Preschool Program
The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is an income based program that provides funding for PreK programs for four-year-old children. The class meets Monday through Thursday, from 8:00-3:15.
2022-2023 ENROLLMENT PROCESS
STEP 1: Fill out an Enrollment Application Online
Open Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year is now open! Apply today!
STEP 2: Visit or Attend an Event
Please check our school calendar or our Facebook page for upcoming events! If you would like to schedule a tour please call our main office at: (313) 366-9110
STEP 3: Documents
Required: Applicants are required to supply the school with the following:
- Proof of date of birth such as the following:
- Original Birth Certificate (Preferred)
- Affidavit of Parentage
- Baptism or Church Certificate
- Hospital Certificate
- Immigration Documents
- Proof of Residency – may be one of the following:
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License
- State ID Card
- Utility Bill
- Lease/Rental Agreement
- Immunization record or waiver certificate from your county health department.
ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK (if applicable)
- Request for Record to send to prior school. Required for K-6th grade applicants
- Home Language Survey
- Special Education Information Sheet (if applicable)
- Copy of Individual Education Plan (if applicable)
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistant Act Student Residency Form (if applicable)
ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK FOR KINDERGARTEN APPLICANTS ONLY (required for enrollment)
- Proof of vision screening (must be within the last 3 years).
- Health Appraisal*
- *Health Appraisal – we are aware that health insurance companies only allow one health appraisal per year. If your child’s health appraisal will expire before the month of September and you need to schedule such an appointment with your doctor please let the office know. This is the only document that can be delayed until the first day of school.
- Kindergarten Waiver (if not 5 years old by December 1, 2022)