Thank you for your interest in kindergarten at Dove Academy of Detroit! We are excited to share what our program is all about.
At Dove, we celebrate the fact that every student has a story and we want to walk alongside them so that they can achieve greatness. Our supportive staff and family-like culture creates a safe nurturing environment for all of our students. This along with strong academics creates the solid groundwork for a lifelong love of learning.
Hello! I'm E'Shaun Caine, Principal at Dove Academy of Detroit.
Dove Academy has a commitment to excellence. It is our mission to provide a high-quality education so all scholars become successful, contributing members of an ever-changing global society.
Meet Our Kindergarten Team
Language Arts: Amplify Core Knowledge Language Arts
- Kindergarten Focus: listening and reading comprehension, oral language skills, phonics, pre-writing/writing, sight words, and decoding
Math: Eureka Math
- Kindergarten Focus: classifying objects, count, order, and write numbers, addition, subtraction, and measurement
Science: Phenomenal Science
- Kindergarten Focus: energy, force and motion, and earth and environment
Social Studies: Oakland Atlas Rubicon
- Kindergarten Focus: alike and different, maps and globes, needs and wants, responsibility and fairness
Reading Intervention: Fountas & Pinnell
- F & P is an assessment system used to identify independent and instructional reading levels for all scholars in an effort to make intentional and informed instructional decisions for one-to-one or small group learning.